BTILS Update and Enhancement: Workshop on Phase I of the Study
19-20 March 2014
Mae Sot, Tak Province, Thailand
The Workshop discussed findings from the first phase of updating and enhancing the original BTILS Interim Report, completed in 2008. Specific outputs of the workshop included:
- Consideration of updated materials added to the original BTILS Interim Report.
- Review of identified national transport and logistics programs designed to develop “hard” and “soft” infrastructure.
- Confirmation of eligibility criteria to develop a long list of BIMSTEC projects.
- Assessments of existing BTILS policies and strategies.
- Discussion and broad agreement on selection criteria for shortlisting projects.
- Senior government officials from BIMSTEC member countries,responsible for (i) road development, (ii) rail development, and (iii) port administration
- Representatives of ADB