The BIMSTEC Sectoral Ministerial Bodies comprise the relevant Ministers of line Ministries responsible for carrying out the activities of the respective sectors.
The BIMSTEC Sectoral Ministerial Bodies shall have the following powers and functions:
- Function in accordance with their respective established mandates
- Implement the agreements and decisions of the BIMSTEC Summit under their respective purview
- Strengthen cooperation in their respective fields in promoting BIMSTEC objectives
- Submit report and recommendations to the BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting for the consideration of the BIMSTEC Summit
- Assess and approve and take action on the deliberations of the BIMSTEC Sectoral Senior Officials’ Meeting
The Sectoral Ministerial Bodies shall meet as and when necessary to be hosted and chaired by the Lead Country of a particular sector. Each Sectoral Ministerial Body may have under its purview the relevant Senior Officials, Sectoral Working Groups and Sub-sectoral Expert Groups/ Sub-groups etc., all to be hosted and chaired by the Lead Country of a particular sector or any other interested Member State.