The BIMSTEC Permanent Working Committee (BPWC) comprises the National Focal Points at appropriate senior level of each BIMSTEC Member State.
The BIMSTEC Permanent Working Committee has the following powers and functions:
- Deliberate on the administrative and financial matters of the Secretariat and BIMSTEC Centres/ Entities
- Prepare, in consultation with the Secretariat, schedule/ calendar of BIMSTEC activities
- Prioritize and rationalize BIMSTEC activities/ projects
- Prepare for the BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting
- Undertake such other functions as may be assigned by the BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting
The Meeting of the BIMSTEC Permanent Working Committee shall
- Be held at least twice a year, both to be hosted by the Member State holding the BIMSTEC Chairmanship
- In addition, the Committee shall meet as and when necessary.