The BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting shall comprise the Foreign Secretaries/ Secretaries/ appropriate Senior Officials nominated by the BIMSTEC Member States.
The Senior Officials’ Meeting shall have the following powers and functions:
- Prepare for the BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting
- Follow up and coordinate the implementation of agreements
- Coordinate with the Sectoral Bodies in Sectors where there is no Ministerial body
- Initiate proposals on all administrative and budgetary matters for the consideration of the Ministerial Meeting
- Undertake such other functions as may be assigned by the Ministerial Meeting
- Assess and approve and take action on the deliberations of the BIMSTEC Permanent Working Committee
The BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting shall be:
- Held once a year, preceding the BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting to be hosted by the Member State holding the BIMSTEC Chairmanship; and
- Convened, whenever necessary, as special session of the Senior Officials’ Meeting to be chaired by the Member State holding the BIMSTEC Chairmanship, at a venue to be agreed upon by BIMSTEC Member States
The Senior Officials’ Meeting shall report to the BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting.